8/23/11

Morning Glory Tepee

For several years we have had a Morning Glory Tepee. I don't remember which year we started it.This year early before we put it up, a bird built a nest in it and had four babies which she raised. After the birds left, I sprayed it green and put it up among the Morning Glory volunteers from last year. I got a tip from Jonathan who had planted the seeds I had given him and strung fishing line for the vines to climb on.  I tried it too and it worked well and we had a great looking tepee. Some years the deer have hit it hard and some years they have left it alone. This year they did major damage. Despite the dear little deer, it still blooms in profusion...over 110 blooms all from Morning Glory volunteers.

No comments:

SPRING BOUQUET

 A new grouping of three flowers in a vintage Jello mold makes a fun and useful pincushion. Purchase at  https://idasideas.etsy.com/listing/...